Indian Head Massage.
Wonderfully relaxing, Indian head massage is based on the ayurvedic system of healing which has been practiced in India for over a thousand years. It involves a massage to the head, face, upper back, shoulders, arms and hands that relieves tension in the muscles; it can be relaxing, stimulating and invigorating.
Benefits of Indian Head Massage.
1. Helps prevent migraines, headaches and back pain:Often tension in the upper back, neck and head can lead to migraines, headaches and back pain which can make for uncomfortable living on a day to day basis and sometimes even lead to depression.Our Therapist will start the Indian Head Massage by applying pressure to points in the upper back, arms and shoulders that will release muscles and knots. They will then move to the neck and head to reduce headache-causing blockages and encourage better circulation of the cerebral fluid.
2. Promotes hair growth:This is a lovely side effect of the Indian Head Massage (if you’re trying to grow your hair anyway…). The massage increases nourishment and oxygen to the scalp and hair follicle which in turns stimulates hair growth. It’s a one way ticket to long, luscious locks!
3. Detoxifies the body by stimulating lymphatic drainage:Indian Head Massage stimulates and improves lymphatic drainage and blood flow to the neck thus helping to remove waste products from the body.
4. Relieves sleeplessness, restlessness and insomnia:These are often side-effects of stress and Indian Head Massage will immediately relieve stress and promote relaxation by attacking the physical symptoms, thus allowing for a deeper sense of wellbeing and relaxation and opening your body to better rest.
5. Relieves symptoms of anxiety and depression:Massaging the head encourages the supply of oxygen to the brain which is one of the best ways of reducing anxiety and of lifting one’s mood. Oxygen helps you think clearly and creatively and a similar effect is Calm experienced through exercise.
6. Renews energy levels:An Indian Head Massage works with the Ayurvedic concept which goes beyond the limits of healing and places emphasis on balance. Working on the chakras through Indian Massage has a powerful effect in bringing the energy of the body back into balance.
7. Boosts memory capabilities:Often we have short-term memory difficulties because our brains are overloaded with disorganised thoughts, making it very difficult for us to efficiently ‘log’ and collect thoughts and occurrences.
Indian Head Massage slows us down, sensual awareness takes over, thoughts quieten and awareness is brought to the forefront. Think of it like someone pressing your ‘reset’ button.